Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Camp China 2002



In the summer of 2002 I volunteered with the English Language Institute / China to teach English for 4 weeks at a school in Changsha, China.  Over 250 volunteers (college - aged) participated that summer.  I was placed on a team with 8 others, and together we flew to Guangzhou, China and traveled to Lushan Experimental School in Changsha.  We each had our own class of 12 - 15 middle school students and used a curriculum developed by ELIC to teach English and Science, and to share about our Christian faith and American culture.  It was an incredible experience that changed my life!  If you're interested in a similar volunteer experience, check out ELIC's website.

I've been meaning, for some time now, to make a photo book out of my experience.  Finally, motivated by a $30 off coupon from Shutterfly that expired today, I completed the book.  (there's nothing quite like deadlines to motivate one to finish a project).  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment